An island gem located off the south coast of England, the Isle of Wight is a hidden oasis offering bucolic natural scenery, quintessential British coastal charm, and a wealth of historical intrigue. Famed for its dramatic white cliffs, fossil-rich sands, and unspoiled beaches, this peaceful island has served as a beloved holiday escape for Queen Victoria and countless visitors who continue flocking for seaside tranquillity and outdoor adventure to this day. With its panoramas dotted by romantic castles, elegant country manors, sleepy villages straight from a storybook, great hotels in the Isle Of Wight, and a mild sunny climate earning it the moniker “Britain’s Mediterranean,” the petite Isle of Wight presents the perfect compact package of British and natural heritage.
Things To Do in the Isle of Wight
- Explore Queen Victoria’s holiday home – Osborne House is a stunning Italianate palatial estate where Queen Victoria resided. Wander through the majestic rooms and gardens for a glimpse into royal life.
- Visit the Needles and Alum Bay – This iconic row of chalk stacks rising from the sea is a famous Isle of Wight landmark. Also, enjoy the colourful sands of Alum Bay and catch scenic views from the chairlift.
- Sample Isle of Wight pearl jewellery – The island has a long history of pearl harvesting. Shop for beautiful local pearl jewellery as a unique memento.
- Take a cruise on the Island Harbour Ferry – This cruise offers breathtaking coastal scenery and close-up views of the famous Needles rocks from the sea.
- Relax on sandy beaches – Ventnor Beach offers a tranquil Victorian seaside vibe while Compton Bay is perfect for fossil hunting and surfing.
- Spot wild horses roaming free – Take in scenes of the native New Forest Ponies that freely graze the countryside and forests.
- Visit historic Carisbrooke Castle – This grand medieval castle was once home to famous former prisoner King Charles I and contains a well where donkeys power the water wheel.
- Stop in charming villages – The island boasts attractive villages brimming with tea rooms, cafés, gardens, and even a model village attraction.
- Walking and cycling trails – Miles of scenic trails allow active visitors to soak up the island’s unspoiled natural beauty on foot or by bike.
Choosing the right hotels in the Isle of Wight is key to an enjoyable trip, especially in a scenic wonderland like the Isle of Wight. Booking.com shines as an ideal platform with its user-friendly design and vast selection of lodging options. Catering to all styles and budgets, Booking.com’s diverse range of accommodations coupled with real traveller reviews takes the stress out of decision-making. This wealth of choices and insights allows you to confidently reserve an ideal home to relax and savour your time on the island. Whether you seek cheap hotels in the Isle of Wight, a cosy cottage retreat, or a luxury spa escape with mesmerizing water views, Booking.com empowers travellers to find their perfect match. So rely on their recommendations to discover your dream Isle of Wight accommodation and elevate every moment of your stay.
Best Hotels in the Isle of Wight on Booking.com
1. Eastmount Hall Hotel
Eastmount Hall is a hotel perched high over the Culver Cliffs on the Isle of Wight, offering panoramic views. This Hotel in the Isle of Wight with pool, free parking and WiFi. The stylish, en-suite rooms some with sea views, flat-screen TVs and radios. Guests get complimentary cream tea on arrival and breakfast. The beach and village are 5 minutes’ walk away. Nearby attractions include the theater, Shanklin Chine gorge.
2. Villa Mentone Hotel
Villa Mentone Hotel is located in Shanklin, just 400 metres from Shanklin Beach. Amenities include a garden, free parking, lounge, restaurant, and bar. All rooms have wardrobes, flat-screen TVs, private bathrooms, bed linens, towels, and kettles. Some rooms offer terraces or sea views. The hotel is close to Sandown Beach and attractions like Osborne House and the Isle of Wight Donkey Sanctuary. Southampton Airport is 61 km away.
3. The Wellington Hotel – B&B
The Wellington Hotel – B&B is a 19th-century 3-star hotel located in Ventnor, within 300 metres of central Ventnor. Amenities include concierge services, allergy-free rooms, a terrace, free WiFi, and a bar. Some rooms have balconies with sea views. The hotel is within 10km of Blackgang Chine and 23km from Osborne House. Nearby attractions also include The Isle of Wight Donkey Sanctuary (5.5km) and Amazon World Zoo Park (9.4km). The nearest airport is Southampton Airport, 64km away.
4. Haven Hall Hotel
Haven Hall Hotel is a cliffside boutique hotel in Shanklin with stunning panoramic views of the sea, cliffs, and bay. Situated on 2 acres, amenities include free parking, 14 air-conditioned en-suite bedrooms (7 with living rooms and kitchens), free WiFi, super king beds, a 2 acre garden with tennis court and swimming pool, helipad, and free EV charging stations. It is 18km from Osborne House. Guests can enjoy activities like golf, horse riding, snorkeling and windsurfing.
5. Hambledon Hotel
Hambledon Hotel is located in Shanklin, 400 metres from Shanklin Beach. Amenities include a garden, lounge, terrace, bar, free WiFi, and bike and car hire. The non-smoking hotel is 15km from Blackgang Chine and 19km from Osborne House. Nearby activities include hiking and golfing. The Isle of Wight Donkey Sanctuary is 4.5km away and Dinosaur Isle is 5km away. The nearest airport is Southampton Airport, 60km from the hotel.
Booking offers the widest selection and easiest online booking for the top hotels in the Isle of Wight. With options to filter by price, star rating, amenities, location, and more, you can find the perfect hotel for your budget and needs. Users praise Booking’s fast confirmation, secure payment, free cancellation on most bookings, and excellent customer support. Whether you seek a quaint countryside B&B, cheap hotels in the Isle of Wight, a modern resort with pools and dining, or historic property with gorgeous vistas, Booking.com has the Isle of Wight covered with vetted properties near key attractions across the island.
Booking rewards program incentives and verified reviews take the guesswork out of selecting the best Hotels in the Isle of Wight. For an easy, stress-free way to book an exceptional Isle of Wight hotel stay, Booking.com has it handled. For more information, visit Oglooks.