Venice, Italy, is on the bucket list of many travellers. Known by various names like The Floating City and the City of Canals, the city was built on marshy lagoons by driving wooden poles deep inside the flooded mud. These poles were then used as foundations for buildings. Today, the city is famous for having canals instead of roads and gondola boats instead of cars. Venice is covered with awe-inspiring architecture, magnificent bridges and winding canals. The city is quite popular with tourists, who visit to view the unique architecture and ride the gondolas.
Book the most luxurious flights to Venice with Lufthansa.
The Lufthansa Group is an international aviation company that has flights connecting cities worldwide. It is one of the most profitable airline services in the world, having generated 32,700 Million Euros of revenue in 2022 alone. Headquartered in Germany, Lufthansa is famous for being reliable, efficient and consistent with its flights. Flights with Lufthansa are always comfortable, hygienic and lavish. The air staff are polite, helpful and provide 5-star service. When you want to book a flight to Venice Italy, you can rely on Lufthansa.
How to book flights to Venice with Lufthansa
Booking flights to Venice is very simple with the online booking service provided by Lufthansa. To book your flights to Venice, follow these steps:
- Open your computer or mobile device.
- Click on the internet browser.
- Enter your airport of departure and Venice as your destination airport.
- Select the Travel Class of your preference.
- Select the duration of your visit.
- Enter the number of travellers.
- Lufthansa will now display all available flights to Venice on your selected dates.
- Pick the departure and return flight of your preference.
- Enter the details of all passengers.
- Make the payment online.
- You will then receive your boarding pass and flight confirmation in your email.
- Now, prepare for the best flights to Venice.
Things to know before booking your flights to Venice.
- Crowds- Venice is an ancient city not designed to handle modern groups. The alleys and passageways are narrow and close together, and this causes substantial crowding issues, especially when considering the volume of people who tour the city. Be more careful if you have claustrophobia.
- Water protection- Venice is a city built on water, so rain and flooding are common here. Carry an umbrella and raincoat at all times. Use waterproof shoes. Also, use a waterproof bag.
- Visit early- As mentioned earlier, crowding is a big issue in Venice. One of the ways to avoid crowding is to visit famous tourist destinations early in the morning before the visitor rush starts. The gondolas are very popular, and the queue to ride them can get extremely long. It always helps to be early in the line.
- Currency- Italy and Germany share the same currency, the Euro, so money should not be an issue. All major hotels, resorts and restaurants accept credit and debit cards, but cash is the most preferred form of payment on the streets.
Places to visit after booking your flights to Venice
1. Doge’s Palace
The Doge’s Palace is one of the centrepiece buildings of Venice. This imposing piece of Venetian Gothic architecture used to be the palace of the Doge of Venice, the ruler of the former Republic of Venice. Today it has turned into a museum and an often-visited landmark in Venice.
2. The Grand Canal
While Venice is crisscrossed with multiple canals, the Grand Canal is the largest at 3.8 km long and 30 to 90 m wide. This canal travels in the shape of an S, splitting the city equally on both sides of its banks. A gondola ride across the Grand Canal at sunset is a treat.
3. San Marco
San Marco is one of the six administrative blocks of Venice and is known as the city’s heart. San Marco is situated very close to the city centre, where all the tourists stay, shop and dine. The location has hotels, resorts, bars, restaurants and gift shops.
4. Rialto Bridge-
The Grand Canal has four bridges crossing it; the Rialto Bridge is the oldest and the grandest among them all. It was constructed in 1173 and is now a cultural icon of Venice and trendy among tourists.
Venice is an enchanting and magical city with breathtaking architecture and meandering canals, the perfect place for a vacation and just getting lost in a world of the past. A city rich with history and culture, Venice is a location you must visit at least once in your lifetime. Now, you can visit Venice easily and with unmatched luxury through Lufthansa. Lufthansa offers the best collection of flights to Venice, with the best in inflight cuisine and entertainment. Visit Lufthansa to know more about the cheap flight to Venice and keep yourself updated on the hottest tourist destinations with OgLooks.