A content writer is someone who writes specialized content in a particular niche. This has been trending and is highly in demand in today’s time- where not everyone has the time in their hands to write content needed for their organizations. They usually hire content writers for the same. Let’s learn more about the content writing services these writers provide, and how to start your career in this field.
What are the services of a content writer?
There are many kinds of content writing services that are in demand these days. Ten of the most common content writing services are given below:
- Blog Posts: It is an online platform or a website which helps in interacting with the blogger’s audience.
Articles: They target a larger audience and are usually published in newspapers, journals, etc.
- Ghostwriting: Ghost writing means writing for someone else anonymously. The person who hires a ghostwriter will be credited.
- Social content: Social media marketers require writers to create content for their platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Website content: It refers to the content that is optimized for search engines and includes all that a website contains such as images, softwares, text, etc.
- E-books or stories: E-books readers are growing day by day and hence is the need for E-book writers. Fiction writing, Autobiographies, short stories, etc. are some of the most common forms of writing.
- Reviews: This refers to self assessments and opinions of the product given. It could be a book review, a product review or a review done for a film.
- Product description: It is written to sell the product/service to the customers and includes its features, specifications, USP, etc.
- Script writing: It is written for mass media such as a movie, a tv series, short film, music videos or theater plays.
- Transcripts/Translations: Transcript refers to converting audio or visual content into written text. Translation refers to developing/writing content in other languages. This is in demand these days.
How do I start content writing?
If you are trying to become a content writer and provide content writing services but don’t know where to begin, don’t worry. We are here to make things easy and in an organized manner so you don’t get into the complications and can start right off. Don’t miss any step and work dedicatedly towards fulfilling your goal.
1. Practice writing
The key is to write, write and write. If you have trouble writing it down, then read books, watch movies in the language you want to write. Improve your vocabulary by reading novels. You can also read magazines, newspapers and watch some youtube videos.
2. Pick your niche
A niche means the category of a job or position that you are comfortable with and enjoy doing. Basically having an upper hand in one particular subject with more expertise than the rest. For example, in content writing, your niche could be Beauty & Fashion, or it could be Travel. It all depends upon your personal choice. Also decide what type of content writing services you’d like to offer.
3. A bio
You should have your own personal yet professional bio with your own picture, a brief description about you and your life and why you are so passionate about writing, your talents, etc.
This is one of the most important things that you need to have in order to start with content writing as a career, either full time or part time. A portfolio is a collection of samples of the work that you have done previously.
Before taking up a client’s order, they will always ask for the content writing services that you offer and a collection of your work. Keep it ready because as we all know, First Impression is the Last Impression! This is what will define you and your work.
Now the question is, where can you actually build up your own portfolio and have a record of all your work under your name? We have given three of the most basic and common ways you can do so:
First is through a medium, which means you can choose a website as a medium which will allow you to post your work under your name. It is usually free, but in some cases it may take a small amount per month.
Second is, to create your portfolio on a Content Platform. It is a link between writers and those companies that need these writers for offering these content writing services. So you also get to attract clients while building up your portfolio. Either way, it’s a win-win situation for you!
Now the third way is to publish articles on a larger publication, which is called Marquee Publication. They have one million or more views on a monthly basis. But remember that with a bigger audience comes greater responsibility.
5. Find jobs or clients
Now that you are all set to start your career in this field, you need to find clients or jobs, full time, part time or freelancing. There are various content writing services websites. Do your research and explore before grabbing any opportunity that comes your way.
6. Follow up
Remember, after you have submitted your work, your client may want some modifications, so do make sure you follow up with your clients and keep them happy by answering and fulfilling their areas of concern.
Things to keep in mind while writing content
You should keep the following things in mind while you are writing content:
Your content should always be 100% original, or plagiarism free. You can take ideas from here and there but write it all in your own words and language. If you are copying someone else’s words, make sure you write it as a quote giving the respective credits to the speaker or the writer. You can use free websites to check plagiarism.
2. Easy to understand
You don’t need to write using heavy, long or complicated words. Your text should be written in a simple manner and should be easy to understand by the general audience.
3. SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
You should always write SEO based content. Ask your clients if they have any specific requirements and write your content accordingly.
You can not afford to make any mistakes especially if you are working for a client. Always check for any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes and correct them before submitting. You can use free websites online to proofread your content.
5. Word count
Stick to the word count that you have been given. It could be a few words up or down but don’t exceed or recede more than a few words.
6. Be patient
Even if you are not able to get where you want to, do not get tense. It happens with each one of us. All it needs is a little more time and patience.
Writing content does not have to be difficult. It should be something that you enjoy doing. OGlooks says that you can go to the official site of Semrush for all your content writing services. Use this website to get started with ordering or offering quality content of any type from today itself!